All member countries demonstrate their political commitment to Partners in Population and Development (PPD) through annual membership dues of at least $20,000 and representation at the ministerial level at the annual PPD Board meetings.
The activities of the PPD ARO have been supported by development partners including:
- The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
- The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
- The David and Lucile Packard Foundation
PPD ARO has also partnered with a range of non-governmental organisations to carry out programmes and activities. These partners include:
- Futures Group
- the Regional Network for Equity in Health in East and Southern Africa (EQUINET)
- the African Population Health Research Centre (APHRC)
- Venture Strategies for Health and Development
- the German Foundation for World Population (Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevoelkerung–DSW)
- Population Action International (PAI)
- Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition
In addition, the Government of Uganda has been a key player to the success of the PPD ARO’s activities, as it not only contributes as a regular member to PPD, but also officially provides office space and key services (a Secretary seconded to the PPD ARO, utilities and tax-free status) in accordance with a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed in 2007.